[Guide] Decommissioning the Bevi
Stand Up Models
This document is intended for Bevi technicians and other qualified personnel to provide step by step instructions on how to decommission Stand Up (SU) Bevi machine models. The following contains instructions for v.75, v1 and v1.5 SU units.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does it mean to decommission a Bevi machine?
A: Decommissioning of the Bevi unit is the process of breaking the unit down and preparing it for shipment.
Q: Why is decommissioning necessary?
A: In order to ship the Bevi without damage it must be properly decommissioned.
Questions Answered in this Document
Required Tools & Materials
- Booster pump Part # 720-0006
- ⅜” tubing (~6’)
- Tube cutter
- ⅜” shutoff valve
- ⅜” stoppers
- Phillips screwdriver or drill with phillips bit
- Shop Towel/Shammy/Paper Towels
Task 1: Turning off Water to the Bevi Machine
- Locate the Bevi unit.
- Locate the water source by following the incoming water line:
- Stand up models have the water line entering into the back of the machine chassis.
- Water source shut-offs are often located under a nearby sink or coming directly out of the wall near the unit. An example of one valve type is shown below.
- Turn the water source shutoff valve to the “off” position.
- Return to the Bevi.
Task 2: Releasing Pressure From Water Lines
- After the water has been turned off, the next step is to turn off the carbonator/chiller.
- For stand up units, the carbonator/chiller is located inside the chassis at the bottom.
- The carbonator on/off switch is green and is located on the side, near the power cord.
- Once the carbonator/chiller is off, use the touchscreen to dispense still and carbonated water until there is no longer any water in the lines.
Task 3: Removing CO2, Flavor Bibs, and Drip Tray
1. Disconnect flavor bibs from their associated bib connectors and dispose of all except for (2) bib boxes (internal bags should be removed and disposed of).
2. Neatly bunch up the bib connectors and place together within a bib box.
3. If necessary, disconnect all components of the Opt-Connect, remembering to remove the antenna from the back of Bevi. Bring the Opt-Connect back to your warehouse for processing into inventory.
4. Remove the drip tray from the Bevi dispense area on the door front and place inside a bib box.
5. Dispense carbonated water until you get nothing but CO2 dispensing from the line.
6. Close valve of CO2 tank and release pressure from the regulator by pulling the pin.
7. Remove the regulator from the CO2 Tank with your adjustable wrench.
Task 4: Emptying Carbonator Tank v.75/1.0 and v1.5 Models
NOTE: v1 and v1.5 carbonators differ in the location of connections. v1 carb connections come from the top of the unit while v1.5 connections are on the front Panel.
- Remove the carbonator to the point where you can access the protective cover located on the top front of the carbonator that has two Phillips head screws located on either side.
- Remove the cover.
3. Insert pump tubing into the carbonator’s ice bank and ensure that tubing reaches the bottom of the carbonator. Pump until completely empty.
NOTE: Before pumping, check to ensure that arrows are aligned on the pump for proper directional flow. Additionally, check to see if the opposite end of the pump tubing is ready in your bucket/sink.
Ensure the buffer tank is completely empty..
1. Make sure the water source and buffer tank are shut off.
2. Dispense still water from the pressure release line.
3. Disconnect “fill/empty ice bank” water line from the front of the carbonator.
NOTE: Before turning the shutoff valve to the “open” position, make sure the tubing is pointing toward your bucket/sink.
4. Turn the shutoff valve on the “fill/empty ice bank” water line to the “open” position. The carbonator is empty when no more water is coming out.
- Disconnect “fill/empty ice bank” water line from the front of the carbonation.
- Insert tubing of pump into “fill/empty ice bank” push connect insert.
3. To turn on the booster pump, plug it into an electrical outlet.
NOTE: Before pumping, check to ensure that arrows are aligned on the pump for proper directional flow. Additionally, check to see if the opposite end of the pump tubing is pointing toward your bucket/sink.
5. Pump until completely empty.
Task 4b: Emptying Carbonator Tank v.75/1.0 and v1.5 Models Without a Pump
v.75/v1 model carbonator:
- With the carbonator powered off, locate the recirculating line and disconnect them at the elbow connector. The connection may be tucked and require extraction.
2. Place the two lines coming from the carbonator in the bucket and turn the carbonator on. This will turn on the recirculating pump which will push water out of one of the lines into the bucket. Continue until no more water is coming out.
3. Turn off the carbonator when complete.
v1.5 model carbonator:
- With the carbonator powered off, locate the recirculation jumper and disconnect the fittings from the carbonator.
2. Hold a bucket right underneath the fittings and turn the carbonator on. Water should be now pumping into the bucket. Continue until no more water is coming out.
3. Turn off the carbonator and reconnect the recirculation jumper.
NOTE: In some cases the recirculation jumper may not be present and rather ⅜ stoppers will be in place.
Task 5: Removing Carbonator and Disconnecting Lines
NOTE: Before disconnecting any lines, first make sure you are prepared with ⅜” stoppers for the push connections to ensure minimal leakage upon release.
- From the rear of the carbonator, disconnect the CO2 line and place the regulator in a bib box. The C2 line can be disposed of.
- Next, from the back of the carbonator, disconnect the “water in” and the “fill ice bank” lines. Plug the connections with a ⅜” stopper.
- Disconnect the carbonator power cord and place it inside a bib box.
- Place bib boxes containing loose components in the Bevi CO2 compartment, utilizing the straps to hold the boxes in place.
5. Remove the carbonator and place it near the Bevi, being very careful not to damage the flooring.
NOTE: Check with the customer contact before staging Bevi components. They must confirm the location is suitable.
- From the front of the carbonator, disconnect the CO2 line.
- Next from the front of the carbonator, disconnect the “water out” line and plug the connection with a ⅜” stopper.
- Finally disconnect the “water in” connection from the front of the carbonator.
- Disconnect the carbonator power cord and place it in a bib box.
Task 6: Disconnecting unit and water lines from source
- Power down the unit utilizing the switch on the back of the Bevi.
- Trace water line back to the source, taking care to remove any mounting materials holding the line.
- Disconnect the water line from the source.
- Disconnect the water line from the back of the Bevi.
- Notify the customer contact work is complete and if applicable, demonstrate other appliances are operating.
NOTE: A critical part of the decommissioning process is reconnecting pre-existing appliances affected by the removal of our plumbing/electrical.
- Follow steps 1-5 from Standup v.75/v1 instruction.
- Carbonator to stay inside the v1.5 Bevi machine for shipment.
- Make sure the bracket on the bottom of the Bevi is holding the carbonator firmly in place.