Below you will find a text version of how to replace a Countertop Bib Line. For a full document with accompanying pictures please download the PDF at the bottom of this article.
This document is intended for Bevi technicians and other qualified personnel to provide step by step instructions on how to change the flavor bib lines in the Countertop (CT) Bevi machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why would I need to replace a flavor line?
A: Anytime coconut is replaced with another flavor.
A: Sweetened flavors may clog up over a long period of time due to lack of use.
Questions Answered in this Document
Required Tools & Materials
- ¼” tubing (if necessary)
- Tube cutter (if necessary)
- Flavor Line Replacement Kit (PN: 727-1037)
Task 1: Prepare the Bevi
- Power down the Bevi unit by using the black switch on the back of the machine.
- Remove the (6) screws securing the back panel and put them in a safe location.
NOTE: Be careful when removing the back plate as the on/off switch wiring is short. Place on top of the Bevi if need be.
- Disconnect the flavor line from push connector.
- Disconnect flavor bib connector (QDC or twist on) from bib.
Task 2: Replace the Bib Line
- Follow the flavor bib line and cut any zip ties holding the lines together.
- Disconnect flavor bib line, replace with a new line, and reconnect.
- Reconnect flavor bib connector (QDC or twist on) to bib.
- Zip tie flavor bib lines to hold them together.
Task 3: Test for leaks and functionality
- Check the (3) connection points for leaks:
- Bib connector.
- Push-connect fittings.
- Flavor pump connections.
- Make sure the new flavor line nozzle is spraying directly into the water stream.
- Replace the head unit back panel.