Below you will find a text version of How to Replace a BiB Line. For a version with photos please download the PDF below this article.
This document is intended for Bevi technicians and other qualified personnel to provide step by step instructions on how to change the flavor bib lines in the Standup (SU) Bevi machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why would I need to replace a flavor line?
A: Anytime coconut is replaced with another flavor.
A: Sweetened flavors may clog up over a long period of time due to lack of use.
Questions Answered in this Document
Q: How do I disconnect a flavor bib from it’s associated connector?
Q: How do I disconnect a flavor bib line from its associated flavor pump?
Q: How do I disconnect a flavor line barb from the flavor ring?
Required Tools & Materials
- ¼” tubing (if necessary)
- Tube cutter (if necessary)
- Flavor Line Replacement Kit (PN: 727-1037)
Task 1: Disconnect Flavor Bib Connector (QDC or Twist on)
- Remove pop-out / twist off connector from flavor bib.
Task 2: Disconnect Flavor Bib Line from Pump
- Disconnect line from push-connect attached to bib.
- Disconnect the plastic nut on the right side of the flavor pump by twisting counter-clockwise.
- Remove the line from the machine (it may still contain liquid flavoring) and pull it out of the flavor pump nut.
Task 3: Replace Flavor Bib Line to Pump
- Measure the replacement line (with a bit of slack in the line) and cut with the tube cutter.
- Insert line into the bib connector push-connect.
- Thread the other end of the line into the flavor pump nut so it sticks out of the bottom of the nut by approximately ¼”.
- Screw the flavor pump nut in place (hand-tight only) by twisting clockwise.
Task 4: Disconnect Flavor Line from Pump to Flavor Ring
- Disconnect the plastic nut on the left side of the flavor pump by twisting counter-clockwise.
- Disconnect the flavor line barb from the flavor ring by twisting and pulling (it may require a fair amount of force).
- Remove the line from the machine (it may contain liquid flavoring) and pull it out of the flavor pump nut.
Task 5: Replace Flavor Line from Pump to Flavor Ring
- Find the appropriate flavor line in the flavor line replacement kit (there may be multiple lengths). The shorter lines are for the upper pumps, longer lines for the lower pumps.
- Thread the line into the flavor pump nut so it sticks out of the bottom of the nut by approximately ¼”.
- Run the flavor line from the pump to the flavor ring. Make sure it traces a path around the Co2 tank so it won't get in the way during future Co2 tank swaps.
- Attach the flavor line barb to the flavor ring (twist and push - it may require a fair degree of force).
Task 6: Test for Leaks and Functionality
- Check the (3) connecting points for leaks:
- Bib connector.
- Push-connect fittings.
- Flavor pump connections.
- Make sure the new flavor line nozzle is spraying directly into the water stream.