The Bevi engineering team had diagnosed that frozen chillers increase the probability of leaks due to high pressure differentials across fittings. Thus, please ensure that the chiller thermostat is set to 5. This retrofit bulletin demonstrates how technicians can make this simple change in the field.
- This retrofit does impact the Standup (v0.75, v1.0, and v1.5) and Countertop Bevi units with no sticker or a round sticker placed over the chiller thermostat setting.
- This retrofit does not impact the Standup (v0.75, v1.0, and v1.5) and Countertop Bevi units with tape or metal cover placed over the chiller thermostat setting.
- This retrofit does not impact the Standup 2.0. In addition, for all new units moving forward, the thermostat setting will default to 5.
Required Time, Tools, and Materials
- This retrofit is estimated to take 5 minutes.
- Flathead screwdriver
- We recommend using strong opaque tape such as duct tape or gaffers tape to cover the thermostat knob. We do not recommend using clear tape.
- The thermostat setting can be found in one of two locations.
- On the front of the chiller in the top right corner:
- On the side of the chiller in the bottom right corner:
- Change the thermostat setting from 6 to 5.
- Remove the sticker from the top of the thermostat knob.
- First, create a reference point on the knob by turning the thermostat knob to the OFF position. Place the flathead screwdriver in the groove and rotate in the counterclockwise direction until it stops. The top left side of the flathead pointing towards OFF becomes the reference point.
- Then, from the OFF position, use the flathead screwdriver to turn the thermostat setting into position 5. Rotate clockwise until your established reference point is at the 5 position.
- Cover the thermostat knob with tape to prevent future adjustments.
- Use opaque tape to cover the knob and label, in order to discourage any further changes to the setting. A strong tape such as duct tape or gaffers tape is preferred. Do not use clear tape.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team by emailing email@example.com or calling 866-704-2384.