Subject line: January Technical Updates - New ADA Compliance & More
The Bevi Technical Corner
Happy new year! Start the year off right with our technical newsletter–your one-stop shop for Bevi technical updates, tips, and flavor news. Cheers to a successful 2023!
(Interested in getting additional updates from Bevi? Sign up for our marketing-focused bi-monthly partner newsletter here.)
- New Standup 2.0 ADA Compliance
- New Chiller Recommended Adjustments
- Reminder: Water Filter Flush Requirement & Valve Retrofit
- Reminder: Required Waterblock Replacement
- Service & Support Tips Featuring New Webinar Trainings
- Top Flavors & Enhancements in December 2022
NEW: THE STANDUP 2.0 MEETS ADA PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
We are pleased to inform you that The Standup 2.0 is now ADA compliant in regards to physical requirements, allowing us to deliver a streamlined drink-creation experience for all users.
- Simply press the center button located below the dispense area
- Scan the QR code on the touchscreen
- Use the Touchless Dispensing feature to make your drink selections and pour
NEW: HOW TO REDUCE CHILLER BREAKDOWNS & MAINTAIN ICE BANKS
Taking care of Bevi chillers and ice banks helps to ensure your machines always run smoothly. Here are some tips for the next time you service The Countertop or The Standup 1.5 (and previous models):
- Make sure the chiller thermostat is set to 5. On The Countertop and The Standup 1.5 (including previous models), the chiller temperature is set on a scale of 1-7 (with 7 representing the coldest setting and 1 the warmest). The setting is controlled via a dial on the front or side of the chiller. A chiller set above 5 has an increased risk of freezing due to varying environmental conditions. The overproduction of ice can cause tubing to expand and possibly crack, risking a leak. The 5 setting ensures that water is sufficiently cold while also decreasing the risk of a leak.
- Top off the ice bank by following the steps in this guide. This should be done at least every 6 months during preventative maintenance, which will prevent damage to the carbonator and facilitate proper cooling of the water.
- Read this guide to properly diagnose and repair frozen ice banks.
Need more resources? Ask firstname.lastname@example.org to send you a Partner Training Resource list!
REMINDER: WATER FILTER FLUSH REQUIREMENT & VALVE RETROFIT
3M has redesigned their water filter, which requires a new filter to be flushed in order to remove the carbon particles. To avoid these carbon particles from entering the water flow and causing potential clogged water valves and leaks, please follow the new procedures below:
The Countertop and The Standup 1.5 (and previous models)
- Flush the new water filter with 3 gallons of water OUTSIDE of the machine in order to remove the carbon particles.
The Standup 2.0
- Use the included Filter Flush Valve (FFV) to flush the new filter with 3 gallons of water inside the machine by opening a path for the water to exit the machine.
- For machines produced before Sept 2022:
- Bevi has proactively sent the required FFV kits
- A machine alert will appear in the Service Panel and on The Well
- Please reference this installation guide for complete steps on how to perform a filter flush retrofit
IMPORTANT REMINDER: REPLACE WATERBLOCKS
Waterblocks help reduce the severity of potential leaks. To identify units that need an updated waterblock on The Well use the Machine Alerts filter and select Waterblock Fitting Retrofit. Reference this instructional video to learn how to perform this 5-minute upgrade.
Service and Support
Start off the new year with training!
Webinar Series: Standup 2.0 Service and Maintenance Best Practices
This live webinar will teach you how to provide a superior Standup 2.0 service experience. Join us for one of the following sessions:
- Tuesday February 7, 2022: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. EST - Save Your Seat
- Thursday February 9, 2022: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. EST - Save Your Seat
What You’ll Learn:
- How to replenish concentrates, CO2, and filters
- Basic machine operation and component identification
- Filter flush retrofit and preventative maintenance
Can’t attend live? Sign up anyway and the recording will be made available on partners.bevi.co for your convenience.
Did you know that the majority of calls to support can be answered with the most popular resources on partners.bevi.co ?
Top 5 Flavors & Enhancements Nationwide in December
Pro tip: Recommend these top enhancements and flavors to customers for happy hydration.
Stay Safe, Happy, and Hydrated!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our support
team by emailing email@example.com or calling 866-704-2384