This Drain Kit (part number 720-0105) provides the ability to add a drain system for The Standup 2.0. The kit includes a pump that moves the water into the bottom of a sink drain.
- This drain kit is only available for The Standup 2.0.
Required Time, Tools, and Materials
- Installation Duration: approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Site Requirement: 6 inches of clearance behind The Standup 2.0
- Tools and Materials Required (Not Part of the Kit):
- Drain Kit (part number 720-0105)
- Power Drill
- 5/8" Drill Bit
- Phillips Head Screwdriver or Drill Bit
- 3/8" ID Tube for Pump Outlet
- NOTE: The 3/8" ID tube between the pump and the drain line must not be stepped down in diameter. Reducing the diameter could cause damage to the pump.
- Length of the tubing is to be determined based on the installation site. There needs to be enough length to reach the drain and allow access to the back of The Standup 2.0 machine.
- Parts for Connecting 3/8" ID to Site Drain Line
- Since every installation site is different, additional parts may be required to connect the outlet of the drain line into the permanent on-site drain.
- Tools and Materials That May Be Required (Not Part of the Kit):
- ⅜” Drain Adapter - If the installation requires tapping into the drain line of a sink, please make sure to use a drain adapter.
- Turn off the machine and slide the unit forward, gaining access to the back of the unit.
- Remove the middle and lower back panels.
- Attach the Drain Pump Holder to the unit by first sliding the tongue of the Drain Pump Holder between the base and the bottom of the chiller in the location highlighted in red below:
- Rotate and push the Drain Pump Holder down into the seat.
- This should hang off the back of machine as shown below:
- Remove the collection tank from the bottom of the Pump Assembly:
- Rotate the collection tank 180° and re-attach to the Drain Pump Assembly.
- Collection tank should be oriented relative to the pump so the plastic tabs are on the left side (as shown below):
- Place the Drain Pump Assembly in the Drain Pump Holder with the cord side towards the middle of the machine:
- Remove the drip tray
- Check and note: Save the drip tray insert, bobber, and grate.
- Drill a 5/8" hole with a standard jobber bit from inside using the molded divet as a guide:
- Place the black Lip Seal over the flange of the Drain Port:
BEFORE AND AFTER
- Place the Lip Seal and Drain Port into the door with the barb facing downwards as pictured below. Screw it to the door with the three #6-19 X .625 screws provided:
- On one end of the ⅜” ID tube, there should be an angled cut. If not, make a cut at approximately a 30° angle:
- Ensure the cut is clean and there are no burrs or loose plastic
- Attach the 90° end (without the angled cut) of the ⅜” ID tube to the end of the Drain Port barb until the tube is fully seated. Then zip tie the tube down to secure it:
- Remove the plastic plug from the inner panel as shown in red below:
- Guide and thread the free end of the tube (the angled end) into the hole within the inner panel so that the tube exits through the back out of the unit:
ENTRY AND EXIT
16. Feed the tube into the rear and left side hole in the pump, until the tube reaches the bottom of the pump:
- If there is a plastic cap on this hole, the cap can be removed.
17. Zip tie the end of the tube through slots in the bracket to secure.
18. Install the outlet tube (⅜” inside diameter maximum tubing, NOT PROVIDED) to the barb of
the Drain Pump with a zip tie and route to the drain:
- Route outlet tubing straight up.
- Ensure the outlet tube is securely routed and secured to a permanent drain in accordance with local plumbing regulations.
- Install the new Drip Tray with Spout into the door:
- Replace the drip tray insert, bobber, and grate on the new Drip Tray.
- Plug the pump into an outlet.
Final Drain Tests
- Open and close the door: check to ensure the tube connections stay in place with no snags.
- Move machine to access the back: check to ensure tube connections stay in place with no snags and the pump stays secured.
- Pour 1 gallon of water into the drain to check for leaks: ensure the water drains, and that the pump activates to clear water.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our support
team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 866-704-2384.